Manufacturing and Production Systems is a research area in
the fields of industrial technology and production processes.
In recent years, the increasing importance of aspects such as quality in production processes and products and the competitiveness of companies have pushed both in industry and in academia to ever greater attention towards issues related to technologies and processing systems.
Within these themes, the research group "Manufacturing and Production Systems- Department of Innovation Engineering of the University of Lecce - performs teaching and research activities with particular attention to the field of materials processing, manufacturing systems management and robotics.
In the following are reported the skills provided by the research group in terms of professional training, design aid, project proposal, consulting, etc...
Manufacturing, Quality Management in Industry, Plastic deformation, Robotized Manufacturing Processes, Integrated Production Systems, Production planning methods and models
- Simulation and configuration of manufacturing systems
- Scheduling and optimization of industrial plants
- FEM simulation of forming processes
Research themes for collaborations
- new approaches for monitoring quality characteristics which are related to geometric features
- manufacturing system optimization under uncertain conditions
- short-term scheduling of operations in manufacturing system
- Design of Flexible Production Systems - Methodologies and Tools
Analysis, characterization, testing and calibration services