In the following are reported the skills provided by the research group in terms of professional training, design aid, project proposal, consulting, etc...
- Continuum mechanics
- Mechanics of materials
- Structural mechanics
- Computational mechanics
The group is involved in the supervision of PhD studentsáwithin the PhD programs in "Materials and Structural Engineering" and "Mechanical and Industrial Engineering", both based at the University of Salento.
Prof. Zavarise coordinates the series "Seminars of structural engineering in Lecce", where well-known Italian and internationaláexperts periodically give seminars on various topics of structural mechanics andácivil engineering.
The group provides consulting on:
- Structural modeling for applications in various fields of engineering (civil, mechanical, aeronautical, etc.)
- Development of algorithms for numerical modeling
Research themes for collaborations
The research of the group focuses mainly on the following topics:
- Contact mechanics
- Structural issues in fields of advanced technology
- Thermo-mechanical problems
- Numerical discretization and error control
- Structural mechanics of interfaces
- Structural mechanics of arches and vaults under static and dynamic loading
- Debonding problems in civil engineering structures strengthened with fiber-reinforced composites
- Statics and stability of structural members made of composite materials
Analysis, characterization, testing and calibration services